Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 3-In Honor

Day 3 – IN HONOUR Who are you doing this project in loving memory of? Share their name. Share their story. Share who they are to you. This is a time to shine a light on your children and tell the world about them. Honour them beautifully. A lovely idea is to create an acrostic poem with your children’s names (a word for each letter of their name) If you didn’t name your babies, you can still share your experience. What were your hopes and dreams for them? How has this experience changed you as a person? Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. 

Oh where do I even begin. I'm doing this for "my guy". He was the most loving, gentle, sweet spirited little boy. He had this light about him that would stop complete strangers in their tracks. They would brighten up after they talked to him for a few minutes. He was selfless even at such a young age. His sister caught on quickly to that about him. She said to my husband one day " Dadda you're the king, mama is the Queen, I'm the princess, and Corby is my horse". He did everything for her and didn't mind at all. They were each other's best friend and I enjoyed watching them play together. At a very young age he would watch his sissy very closely and with such love in his eyes. She was his hero and I loved seeing that. 
Corbyn never thought about himself. If someone wanted to cuddle with him he would simply sit there until they were done. He never wiggled away or squirmed on their lap. My dad loves to give "his babies" kisses and Corby would let my dad sit there and kiss his little cheeks until my dad was satiated. He had the most infectious giggle that I hope I never forget. He loved playing with bubbles with his sissy and she always made him giggle the hardest. I am doing this in honor of him, but I live my entire life in honor of him. I'm so grateful that I was able to spend the 411 days with him that I did. He changed me and made me be the mother I am now. 
There was a special bond that we shared. From the minute I knew I was pregnant with him I felt the overwhelming burning in me that I needed to protect him. I never felt that with my daughter, nor did I with our rainbow baby either. Even after he was born I felt the need to protect him. We had an unbelievable connection. He would look at me with such love and warmth in his eyes. 
He has been my only child that has cuddled with me and it gave him such comfort to snuggle with me. The only way I can describe it is he would melt into me. 
I love him more than words can describe and miss him even more than that. I will spend every day honoring him so he will never be forgotten as well as so more people will be able to learn of my angel. 
-Krystle 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of you two. He loves his mama!