Monday, July 25, 2011

Jobs, Princesses, and Drama Queens

Yes yes I am aware that I haven't posted anything of any importance for two months. oops! It's been super busy around the Cordingley household lately.With me back to work and trying to keep up with family, holidays, and being a mom. Things tend to get pushed off to the side with me saying 'I'll do it later'. Things have been great with us. Since our last post, Brock has gotten a full time job paying salary working for a company called HCH. They basically handle all the licensing of the trucks for the big name trucking companies. It's been great having the extra money coming in and has made it so that we are paying down a lot of our debt pretty fast. We still haven't heard much back from Mesa about the forensics job down there other than they are wanting Brock to send more information about him to them. So we are still keeping our fingers crossed.
Addy is growing so fast. She has for sure mastered rolling over and will not stay in one spot for very long. She is also doing this worm kinda crawl thing so I suspect we will be having a crawling toddler here pretty soon. I can already tell that she is going to be a busy little one! She also can't get enough of helping Dad on his computer. She loves to watch him do things on it.
So some recent happenings for us.....

We were finally to the point that one car was no longer feasable for our schedules anymore so we went car shopping the end of May, and found our cute new car.  
It's a Subaru Forester! We love it and it's very fun to drive. It's also nice to have a second car. I didn't know how nice it was to not have to have every minute of every day planned out perfectly so that we could both get the things done that needed to get done, but with only one car. It wasn't too bad when it was just me and Brock. We figured it out pretty well, but now that we added another ingredient to the Cordingley mixture it has made it more difficult with doctors appointments, me working and having to get her to a babysitter, etc.
A month later my dad celebrated his 50th birthday. My mom threw a huge surprise party for him ( not much of a surprise for him, though, because my mom is a bad liar and can't hide things very well) It was fun to see all the family together and to catch up since we have kinda been out of the loop with everything because of having a baby recently. It was weird to think that last year on my dad's birthday we told the family that we were having a baby and now a year later and we have a 6 month old!! That time went by way too fast!
The 4th of July weekend we went up to Brock's mom's side's (that looks funny typed out :S ) family reunion in Park City. It was fun to see all of his family since we don't get to see them very much due to them all living in Idaho. They rented a cabin up there and it was nice to just get away for a little bit. (our new little car got to do some off roading type driving too :) ) Addy had a lot of fun playing with Punkin (that's Brock's mom's "grandma name")  and Papa. 
On the night of the 4th instead of going to fireworks somewhere we climbed up on Brock's parents roof and watched Lagoon/ Farmington, Kaysville, Layton, and Clearfield fireworks as well as all the many people around us that were lighting the new legalized aerial fireworks. I was a little nervous to see how Addy would react to them. I thought the loud banging might scare her, but it was the exact opposite! She loved them and didn't know where to look because they were going off everywhere! I think I may have watched more of her than I did of the fireworks (oops). :)
Addy had her 6 month checkup on the 18th and had to get more vaccinations. She was such a drama queen about it. She cried initially from the pokes, but the second the nurse was done and I picked her up she stopped crying. The nurse was filling out her immunization card and every time she would look up at Addy to say something to her Addy would let out this little dramatic sob basically telling the nurse she had been hurt by her. It was so funny. That day she did fine with her shots too. She got a little grumpier than usual when she was either hungry or was sleepy, but other than that she was a good little baby. She even went and watched dad play his last softball game that evening and sat on a blankey playing with all her toys just chattering and screaming away. She is very vocal and talkative if you weren't aware of that. Her and her dad will even have talking conversations back a forth. It's the cutest thing ever! Her and her dad have a lot of fun together. He can get her to laugh so hard, but every time I try to record it I think she knows, and stops completely or doesn't laugh as hard anymore. Yes a STINKER I say!
Her stats this time were:
length: 25 1/4in                30%
weight: 15 lbs 12 oz         50%
head circ: 45.5 cm            50%

So she's still little bitty, and I love every minute of it :)

I can't believe that the time has gone by this fast!! I was thinking the other day about how 6 months ago I was in the mindset that when I would think about going somewhere I would not picture a baby with me, but now when I think about even running to the grocery store I always picture me with baby in tow now. It's so weird how fast your whole mindset changes when you have a baby. Now pretty much all of my thoughts are solely about her in some way. Like I've said before I wouldn't change any of it for the world.




Her and her daddy talking back and forth with each other having the cutest conversation ever!!

 Her first food experience. She loves big people food!




 She loves pickles! She put it right in her mouth and never made the sour face. :)
 First swim at her cousin Drew's birthday party and Daxton's half birthday party. 
 She thinks it's so funny when her daddy fake sneezes at her
 This is the cutest thing ever! She sat there contently watching Brock for a long time while he did dishes.
 The first time she found her foot, and now I can't keep them out of her mouth.


 First big bath. She loved it! The Bumbo didn't float very well though. 
 We went to the Bee's game with Brock's little brother and his cute girl friend. It was a lot of fun. This is how much Addy liked it ;)
She no longer needs to even wear a bib she's such a clean eater!

No comments: