So it seems to be a trend that the only time I update on here is when Addy has a milestone of some sort. Yes I think that we can all come to the conclusion that this blog is pretty much about our little princess more than anything else. Who can blame me though I mean look at this face

I love my little girl more than anything in this whole world and it amazes me every day how much more that love grows. Anyway so little Addyson had her 4 month appointment. Yes I know she's 4 MONTHS already! I'm sad to see that my baby is growing up so fast, but I love to watch her grow and explore and learn new things too. So, anyway, we eventually made it to her 4 month appointment (after I completely spaced her original appointment) and everything went really well. Last Wednesday through Saturday she came down with a pretty nasty cold and had already been in to see the Dr twice before her appointment that was scheduled for that following Monday. So at the appointment it was a check up too and the Dr said that she looked great. Unfortunately once the Dr. was done seeing her is when the bad stuff came. She had to get her 4 month booster shots. I felt so terrible, especially since she kept looking over at me with the most sad face. Here are her stats at 4 months:Length: 24 1/2 in 55%
Weight: 13 lb 10 oz 55%
Head circ: 40.9 cm 50%
So she has definitely come a long way from what she was at when she was first born.
This last fast Sunday she was blessed and it was a beautiful blessing. Everything was a little stressful for me the weeks leading up to it, and the day of but all-in-all it went perfect. I will have to post pictures of her in her dress on the actual day later because I don't have them on my computer, but here is one of her being a model before the big day and of her final finished dress. My mom and I decided that since we couldn't find what we wanted for her blessing dress that we would design it and make it ourselves. I am super pleased with how it turned out, and it was a lot cheaper than if we would have found a dress of that caliber to buy. :)



Yes I sewed little pearl floweretts (sp) onto each of the bunches and I absolutely love how it turned out! :)
She has started to sit up by herself for the most part and interacts well with her toys. She now will play with her rubber ducky in the bath tub, but she prefers to suck on the wash cloth, instead. She loves to sit and talk and sing to who ever will listen to her.
It's the cutest thing in the whole world and I love it. The giggles have started too. We play a game that when ever she gets her diaper changed I will either blow raspberries on her tummy or "eat it" and she starts to giggle even before I get to her tummy because she knows what I'm doing. It's soooo cute! I love my baby girl and I love to see how much she knows who I am and how much she loves me. It's the best feeling to greet her after being away from her and have her face completely light up when she sees that it's me. There is no better feeling than that.
So not only is she interacting with her toys, but she has recently found Kloee as well, and Kloee seems to like that there is another person paying attention to her. I caught the end of one of their interactions. I wish I would have gotten more.
Some other recent happenings was two Fridays ago Papa Simmons took out Jake's kennel and poured a bigger cement pad so that he could extend his shed that he has already to put all of his big toys in. So what does wet cement+cute little chubby feet and hands =? yep we had to of course go put the kids feet in the new cement. We actually put them right by where me and my brothers put our hands back in 1995 when my dad poured the first cement pad for Jake's kennel. It was fun to do and it's a great memory to have. Addy was sick, but she was a big trooper anyway and let mom put her hands and feet in the cement quickly. The part that she most didn't like was washing the cement off since my parents seem to have installed their water heater in China so it takes forever and a day to even get warm water at their house and I didn't want to leave the cement on her skin for too long in case it started to burn her soft little skin so she got her hands and feet washed in cold water :( .
We also on the Saturday of my last week off went to a Bee's game. It was really fun and it was great to finally get outside.
That weekend was also the weekend that I decided to start introducing dairy back into my diet to see how baby would be able to handle it. ANNNNND she did great! So her Mother's Day present to me was that I could start eating dairy again! YAHOOO!
This last week off was pretty cool too. Brock and I have decided to once a month chose a new temple to go to a session at since ours is closed for renovations. This last Friday we went to the Jordan River Temple. It was beautiful! I love going to the temple and the peace that it gives me just by being on the temple grounds. The weird thing about the Jordan River temple was that the inside layout was a lot like the Ogden temple so Brock and I felt right at home. The outside is completely different though.

Here's pics for the road...

No comments:
Post a Comment